Bio Chemicals consist of a number of different organic chemicals with non-fossil origin and as such they are very environmentally friendly. The Chematur offering in this field is based on bio ethanol. The Chematur bio ethanol process is the continuous, proprietary Biostil® process which can be used to convert sugar or starch based raw material in a very efficient way with high yield and excellent quality. From ethanol (CAS no 64-17-5) a number of downstream products can be made:
- Bio ethylene (CAS no 74-85-1)
- Acetaldehyde (CAS no 75-07-0)
- Acetic acid (CAS no 64-19-7)
- Acetic anhydride (CAS no 108-24-7)
- Ethyl acetate (CAS no 141-78-6)
Biologically produced hydrocarbons are excellent substitutions to petrochemical products when a renewable feedstock is desired.